Re: [Amc-list] Nashcan sixes

RE: Nashcan sixes

I've checked my reference books and the first time the 234 OHV
Ambassador six shows up is 1934 and it was used until 1956 near as I
can tell. There was a latter 252 version in the last couple years
including a LeMans dual jet fire version using two carter YF
carburetors. That was the engine used in the Nash Healey's with an
aluminum version of the head. So, that particular engine was a 30's
engine used up until Nash/AMC got a V-8 engine. It was there work
horse engine for many years and good durable engine for many years.
It was road raced with some success at LeMans but was no world beater.

The 196 engine you are all more familiar with started out as the base
flat head engine as a 172 CID engine in the 1941 Nash "600" latter
called a Statesman. That engine went from 172 to 184 to 196 and then
to an over head valve version last used in 1965. LRDaum
mramc@ pahrump.com  NCCA # 1901, AMO # 279 , AMCRC # 517