[Amc-list] FOR SALE: 75 Hornet Sportabout

[Amc-list] FOR SALE: 75 Hornet Sportabout

About two years ago, I met an older lady with a Hornet Sportabout in a grocery store parking lot here in Richmond, VA.  Of course, I gave her my card and told her to call if she ever needed any parts for the car.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago.  She called me and asked if I was interested in the car.  I'm not particularly, but if someone wants this car, I would be happy to snap on it to save it from the junkyard.

A few details:

Leather interior
Tilt
Factory AM/FM
Working AC
55,000 miles
258 6 cyl 2 bbl AT
Runs good -- started up right away with a single bump of the key
Shifts tight

The only drawback to the car is the condition of the body.  It's been an outside-stored daily driver for 32 years, and it looks it.  Has all the usual AMC rust, faded paint, and the standard-equipment-from-the-factory sagging headliner.

Is anyone interested for $ 300 or so?  I think the leather seats, platinum in the catalytic converter, and R-12 in the AC system are worth that much all by themselves.  The leather on the driver's seat needs one or two panels replaced, but otherwise they seem to be in pretty good shape.

This is a car you could drive home.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .