[Amc-list] Goodbye to another brand

My son works at a Saturn dealership. He has loved Saturns since I
bought a green SL1 back in '95. That's what he learned to drive on.
The first car he bought was a Saturn Ion sedan. He lowered it. Put on
a cat back exhaust. Put on a bigger throttle body, opened up the
restrictor. Put on bigger wheels and tires from an Ion 3. Put in nice
Recaros out of an Ion Redline. Did some suspension work. And learned
that all that work destroyed it's resale value (ouch!!!) and without
access to the computer chip it couldn't make use of better breathing
and exhaust (very little power gain, and a different chip than the
Ecotech in the Cobalts).

Today we learned that GM is shutting down Saturn in 2011. How'd he
learn this? His first full time job (and his current job) is at a
Saturn dealership. The kid lives and breathes Saturn.

Sorry to see it go. I kinda like the Astra and Aura.