Re: [Amc-list] BEWARE SCOTTPROAMX1007 RIPPED ME OFF!!!

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:08:22PM -0800, Greg Taylor wrote:
> Larry,
> How did you pay for it? Paypal?? Cash?? Personal Check?? Money Order
> or Postal Money Order?? If it was a postal M.O., file a mail fraud
> complaint with the post office.? What proof do you HAVE that your
> paid for it and he cashed the check, etc?? You might be needing to
> get a lawyer for this.? Food for thought ... I do remember seeing
> that for sale ad, I think on Craigslist, back them.

See previous discussion on fraud.  My (limited) understanding of US
law is that it doesn't matter how you paid, as long as you can prove
you paid.  But communication between buyer and seller via the internet
makes it wire fraud, and a federal offence under the Post Office's
jurisdiction.

I welcome correction by parties more informed than I, of course.

Jonathan