[Amc-list] Gettin' the sludge out

While putting the pushrods back into my 195.6OHV, I checked behind the
access plates. I ran my fingers into all sorts of holes and such (I'm
just that kind of guy) and came up with all sorts of thick sludge. I'm
guessing either the synthetic oil or the steam-cleaning from the blown
head gasket kicked up a lot of gunk.

Dropping the oil pan is a little beyond me (don't you need to raise the
engine to do that?). What's the best alternative for cleaning out any
built up sludge and gunk in the crankcase? I'm guessing since it is so
heavy, it would effect oil flow - so I'd like to clean it up a bit.