Re: [Amc-list] Rambler Trunk Floor

Bruce, I'm thinking your 65 Rambler did too many one-legged burnouts in the past and the hot rubber destroyed the undercoating on the driver's side.  My car originally came from Texas and maybe the cowpoke who owned it kept his saddle on the driver's side making all the moisture run to that side when the trunk leaked.

Anyway, I have rust holes on the driver's side and back near where the trunk latch brace is welded to the floor.  If my center section was good back there I'd gladly cut it out and send it to you Mark.  I'm going to need a small section of that metal for a patch in the center too.

The folks who took this trunk floor out really did a good job.  Most of the spot welds were cut at the joint and there was no evidence of a plasma cutter or sawzall used on it.  It really could have gone into a car which was getting a serious restoration.  Todd has other American parts if you need them.  He might have more trunk floors but you'd have to ask him.

Joe Fulton