----- Original Message -----
From: "steve bott" <snbott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Now I have another question if you have time. Where does a person go about
buying 78 series polyglass tires? I have a Gremlin I could use b78/14 tires
for. 26,000 miles on the car but someone threw out the originals. I am a
STOCK fanatic and just hate the look of radials on my cars. I do have a
Hornet and a Rebel with the originals, but the Gremlin ones are long gone.
Coker apparently doesn't want anything to do with the 78 series tires to
speak of. I have searched the web with no results. Do you have any ideas?
Thanks again Steve

------------my comment/reply to above--------------------
I don't think those have ever been reproduced however could be wrong in
light of all the neat reproduction things coming out in recent memory. I can
understand Coker not wanting to do them as zero demand, and lots of start up
costs to do such you know, especially in really tough economic climate. Keep
in mind that if you find original ones the rubber will be comprimised and
could easily lead to tire failure. NOT worht a risk Steve, something you see
me repeatedly mention on my site like vacuum wipers and Bendix 4 piston
calipers/brakes, get rid of the f**ing (insert Christian Bale favorite
f-bomb word here) things before you kill yourself or others. Same with these
tires. It is not a question of stock, btu question of safety. And saftey
should trump stock every day. If you must have those inferior tires on your
car, do like many of the AMO people (and myself thru years) have done and
have a complete set of lugs, rims, and original tires for spares for ONLY
shows, otherwise, put radials on it. Then when you go to show the vehicle
change it out. Take care,
Eddie Stakes