Re: [Amc-list] Preseveration Not Restoration

Re: [Amc-list] Preseveration Not Restoration

>  One issue that just popped up that drives me nuts is the gas gauge has
> stopped working since I bought the car. I was told by the previous owner
> before I bou
>  ght the car it worked. It appeared to work as the first place I went after
> picking up the car was to put some gas in it, now it doesn't.I guess I will
> have to do the usual check of the ground wire and gas gauge test.

Owner may not have been lying. The sender resistance card and wiper oxidize
slowly over time, it might simply be that. Everyone one of my current cars
('cept the 72) I've had to remove the sender, 600 grit the card and wiper
contact point. Then they work like new, no dead spots.