[Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee Driveline in a mid to late 60's American?

[Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee Driveline in a mid to late 60's American?

Just curious if anyone has put in an entire 2-wheel driveline, engine to rear end in a mid/late 60's American.  From what I've been reading, the 4.0 should drop in, you could probably use the tranny since it's a 2 wd cherokee and the rear end, from what I've been reading is 55 1/4 inches flange to flange and the Americans is 56 1/2 flange to flange.

I understand for the rear you'd have to change the spring perches/mounts because the cherokee  uses coils and the americans use leaf.

I think that this would be an interesting swap if the rears would fit.

Mike