Re: [Amc-list] tbi adapter for 196

ad the tank out, drilled a hole, installed a real
> return line.
> Waste of time and prone to creating leaks. What I would do
> next time is, add
> the return line to the tank filler neck, at the tank, with
> 12" of steel line
> to run the fuel inside, rather than just drip into the
> neck. I can see no
> downside to this, and you can probably do it on-car.

I like your idea for the return line to the filler neck.  This car has been sitting since before Obama was in high school so the tank will be removed for cleaning anyway.

> The harness ground is CRITICAL, and goes to the intake
> manifold, NOT the
> chassis. The manifold is where the injectors are....

I learned about harness grounds on the Spirit with the feedback carburetor. The ECM system for that car is a dead ringer for the throttle body system which came out at about the same time.  If you remember I had problems getting the ECM brain to work properly and I even bought a re-manned box from NAPA.  You helped me with the damaged PROM chip for that box. It turned out that the system was not grounded properly (requires a ground wire to a forward head bolt).  I wasted a lot of money, but I did get the system up and running and I learned a lot about open-loop/closed loop operatons.

 Then there's the tuning part. You need a laptop, some
> hardware like Moates'
> AutoPROM ($300). The actual tuning process is easy, if you
> are comfortable
> with a spreadsheet. It seems likely that I'll do the
> 195.6 at some point.

I expect I'll need nelp with the tuning when the time comes.

Regards,
Joe Fulton