Re: [Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's propery

Re: [Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's propery

While it may be tempting to take such measures, US law is not on your
side.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

I lived in Iowa when this event happened and one of my law professors
was a clerk for the Iowa Supreme Court when it was argued there.
It was an extreme case and got a lot of people riled up, but it is
completely consistent with the law in most, if not all, states.  You can
take "deadly force" for self-protection, but not for property protection.

I once picked a ride with a guy who described his anti-theft measure
for his car stereo, taping razor blades to the back side of the case.

He knows it works, as he found his stereo partially yanked out one
morning, but with a lot of blood on his car's carpeting.

Just keep in

_|_|_|  www.CommunityFleetAdvantage.com
_|_|_|  www.FirstNationalCheck.com
_|_|_|  www.TimeSlicer.com