Re: [Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's propery

Re: [Amc-list] OT: Booby traps and respect for other's propery

Yeah, this is tricky business, particularly in the insanely-litigious US.
I think it boils down to unambiguous warnings announcing in no uncertain
terms the consequences of transgression.  I don't think there's any room
for debate about "personal responsbility" if the nature of the warning
is "If you attempt to steal from me, you will be mutilated and probably
killed."

I live outside of the city.  We leave our doors unlocked and the keys in
the cars.  We are armed in a manner appropriate for the wildlife in the
area, and the sign in my driveway reads:

http://www.canuck.com/~jonathan/photos/sign.jpg

jl