Re: [Amc-list] AMX Stolen

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 06:31:07PM +0000, wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just realized I don't actually have the toggle inplace now, :(
> I pulled it out of duty when adding efi!
> I always intended for it to go back in the fuel pump circuit as before.
>
> I had actually thought about a simple as pir combination lock!
> 3-6 toggle switches to different things, inplain view under that dash!
> 3 position ea, on-off-on.  Wire them and set them up so you have to know
> which switch sits in what position to drive the car.
> Simple to use, PIA to decode!  dummy wires on all the contacts on the
> switches for good measure!
>
> With efi it would be a piece of cake to use each switch to kill a diff
> sensor or pump!

I wouldn't do it that way.  A PITA perhaps, but it's still just a
combinatorial problem, and that makes it no problem at all to solve by
means of exhaustive search (i.e. trying every combination in sequence)
until you get up to a relatively large number of switches.  Using
three-position switches would make it a little worse, but not that
much.  I honestly think you'd get more bang for the buck from a single
well-hidden switch.

Actually, how about a single SPDT switch that disconnects the coil and
instead connects the horn (probably through a little relay) to the points?
Then it honks as it cranks.  Or not.  I'm just being silly now.

jl