Re: [Amc-list] Engine height?specs? 65 Convertible?

Re: [Amc-list] Engine height?specs? 65 Convertible?

" From: wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"
" Anyone know the engine size weight specs off hand for the 2.5L AMC
" engine used in the 80's up Jeeps?

nope.

" I'd like to get an idea of HP and Torque numbers on the multiport
" injected ones too.

~125hp, ~150-something ft-lbs, at 5000-ish and mid/upper 3000s rpm.

"    What trans choises are the most car friendly too? Looking for
" lightwieght and overdirve.

sticks were t5 to '86 and ax5 thereafter; autos aw4 and tf904/30rh/30re.
neither stick is geared well for a car.  you can of course sub a ford
for the t5, but there might also be possibilities for the ax5; it
closely resembles the toyota g52 and the g and derivative w families
were widely used by them.  the close-ish ratio w58 can be found on
'82-'98 supras, and is good for ~220 ft-lbs...  but there's a hitch:
all the g and w inputs are ~1" shorter than the ax5's, in addition to
having the toyota spline.

" Not sure If I will need to go to a GM variant of trans, needs ot be
" 2wd. Did I mention lightweight?

the w series weigh about 35kg...