Re: [Amc-list] Brakes, still not good

Also The pedal may not push the rod all the way either.

--- On Sun, 1/25/09, Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Brakes, still not good
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 4:09 PM

Frank Swygert wrote:
> Since the MC is already installed it should be pretty easy to "bench
bleed". Just take the lid off, bend some lines around (or use the rubber
line kit), and pump the pedal. Gotta be easier than doing it in a vise!

Personally, I've found that that doesn't always work -- the master has
to be level, and they're tilted back -- by design -- when mounted on the
car. The ports are not quite at the front end of the working guts of the
'pump' in there... so a bubble can live in there if not level. I thinkt

hat's what it takes so !@!!@$@$ long to bleed 'em sometimes, the bubble

just pushes back and forth and only a tiny corner of it clips the port
and exits.