Re: [Amc-list] Moldy Smell - possible solution

mask1966@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I had a mouse urine/crap smell in an old Ford that spent 35 years in a
> barn. Not until I stripped out every bit of upholstery, insulation,
> cardboard, etc out did the smell go away. All items going back in the
> car were stripped, cleaned, & paintedbefore going back in. All is well
> with it now.

metoo

I hadn't thought about it, but every single one of my cars was someone's
parts car, except the wagon which was on a flatbed headed to the scrapper.

All of them, I take the interior out (if it had one) and either drive to
the car wash with those manual wand types, or just use my garden hose
and a brush and soap, and scrub off the entire interior, roof dash and
all, inside of doors, etc. I take all the floor pan plugs out, and wash
and rinse til it's spotlessly clean.

Man does it make working on the car easier! Wiring etc is fine if it
gets wet as long as the power is disconnected until dry.

Cleaning out the doors is a big win. I poke bailing wire or something
into all the drain holes, they;re nearly always plugged up.

Heater box comes out too, most of my cars were junkers or rough and all
the seals were shot anyways, and though I haven't found rodent nests
always piles of pine needles and crap.

No smell is a big positive side effect!

Rambler Mentality: it's really cheap to do that.