--------------
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:43:34 -0500
From: mask1966@xxxxxxx

Well, I have replaced all hoses and wheel cylinders in my '62 Rambler
Classic. (Wagner Brakes) The brakes are still crap!!!! I adjusted each
wheel until it drags, bled the wheels removing all bubbles and flushing
lines until clean and still the pedal is low and I couldn't lock any
wheel if my life depended on it. I know the previous owner had the M/C
rebuilt by a mechanic last year, but I still suspect it to be leaking.
These M/Cs are not cheap, even if you can find one. Here are my
questions:

1. Can I substitute a Bendix M/C for the Wagner?

2. What about a power M/C in place of my manual one?

3. Should I just get a Mustang or Nova M/C and adapt? (I have done this
in my Chevy truck and '53 Ford; they bot have great brakes)

Help me out here please, I need this thing to stop!  Thanks

Mike Klepp

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"