Re: [Amc-list] Javelin half vinyl roof

I have a 70 Javelin SST with the half top.  Bought the car in high school in
1982, and the top was peeling and rusty underneath, so we removed it and
painted the area white.  It looked good until I parked the car in 1990, and
then started a long term restoration.  Well, the car is just back on the
road and I added he vinyl top back on using the top from Ledgendary, which
is very reasonably priced and fit just fine.  I am really happy with how it
looks now.  I like it much better than the painted, looks more refined.
Just my opinion.

Chris Peters
www.thepetersgarage.com  (Click on Toys then find the javelin resto pics.)

What do you guys think about the half vinyl (Landau?) roof that AMC put
on Javelins....
Should I keep it or when I do the roof go to a solid frost white roof??
The vinyl is original and in excellent shape.

Armand