Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Please let us know how the stripping goes!
I sanded the ano off the facing of the grille for my 69 and buffed the snot out of it.
Looks like a chrome billet job now, would have been way easier to buff up to a nice gloss if I had not had to sand off the anodizing!

    For info, the gloss stays real well on the cast grille even with no anodizing! I have not been up to fooling to much with spit and polsih as you all are painfully aware I'm sure! Even so the grille still looks way good.  A light wipe off with a little wad of chrome polish stuff, forget what it's called now, and it shines like freshly buffed in seconds!

   Unless doing a resto and it was absolutely needed I would not fool with having the repaired part reanodized!

I have a lot of conv trim that will need some work, be way easier if I can chemically or other wise strip the stuff before trying to sand or buff it!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>