Re: [Amc-list] ~!@#$%^ Freezing Out This Afternoon

I vote keep the top
--- On Sun, 1/18/09, Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] ~!@#$%^ Freezing Out This Afternoon
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 1:11 PM

Yeah, we know what cold is, that's for sure. Thursday morning the temp here
was -26 degrees. The wind chill was almost -50. Most of the vehicles started
without much complaint. The kids Acura has a small weak battery so it
refused to go. Jumped it with a more powerful battery and it popped right
off. Wife's Lumina started no fuss as did the Buick I drive. The 93 Voyager
van started without hesitation but wouldn't move forward or back. The
valving finally engaged a clutch and it moved, but stayed in second gear.
Saturday morning it was + 22 degrees, that's 48 degrees difference in about
48 hours. It made a world of difference in starting vehicles, even the van
moved just fine that day. I do like the fuel injected cars for cold
starting.

AMC content ??

The Frost White Javelin was snuggled cozily away inside the frost white
covered garage. Exactly where I want it to be on shitty days like we've
been
getting. I have been planning this springs mechanical activities over and
over in my head, and really have been close to beginning the projects early.
I hope I feel as pumped up about the work this spring as I do now.

Spring "09" projects

check cylinder sealing  just to confirm that rings and valves still seal
good
install mild cam (I think my horsepower loss is due to cam/lifter wear and
ignition difficulties)
install MSD distributor to replace B.S. Mallory dual point
new plug wires
performer intake
carter AFB 4 barrel
Hedman headers
stainless steel exhaust and muffler
remove rear window strip and refinish the recess that the window lays in
strip roof, and sides of body by the rear window of old paint, epoxy prime
and color coat
install trunk weatherstrip
wet sand and buff the replacement deck lid (paints cured by now) install
wet sand and buff paint runs out of  MD spoiler and reinstall
Install A/C system
fab up carbon fiber dash overlay and install cause the whole dash has to
come out for the A/C to go in anyway

I should start a betting board to see how many of these I actually get
done..........

and what the heck,

might as well keep dreaming..................

rebuild 70 360 with 219 heads and install, adding new clutch and pressure
plate (twin disc would be cool)
hoping to get about 400 to 425 horsepower out of the 360.
install twin grip with  2.76 gears,
see if I can bury the 140

damn, now if only that babe in last night's dream would stop over, I'd
be

gotta love Minnesota winters, about all you can do is dream..........

What do you guys think about the half vinyl (Landau?) roof that AMC put on
Javelins....
Should I keep it or when I do the roof go to a solid frost white roof??
The vinyl is original and in excellent shape.

Armand