Re: [Amc-list] Studebaker had a Scotsman

Re: [Amc-list] Studebaker had a Scotsman

>in the late 50's. Believe it had painted hubcaps, rubber mats, woven
paper
seats,
and NO chrome trim at all.>

And they didn't come standard with a heater either. How do I know? Well,
Back in the day my Dad was a Studebaker-Packard dealer in Ashland,WI, up
on Lake Superior. In the dead of the winter my dad and I went to Chicago
for the dealer presentation of the Scotsman. Dad decided to take one
home. As soon as we left Chicago, we discovered it had no heater! We
stopped at my uncle Frank's house in Milwaukee, warmed up and got a dozen
or so blankets from uncle Frank and then headed home which was 350 north
in below zero weather at times. It was a trip I will never forget!!!

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'09 AMC NATIONALS-September 10-12, 2009- Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova,
IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766