Re: [Amc-list] seat covers

Legendary might have some later model Javelin covers that would work, but I'm pretty sure the seats are different. I understand the criticism of JCW, but Autocraft is a good seat cover maker that's been in business for a long time. They aren't the typical auto parts store cheapies. They've been in business since 1942. JCW just happens to carry some their product line. I've had two sets from them. Depending on what you order, you can get a nice period look that looks like a local shop upholstered the car (one of your alternatives). They do have 71-73 Javelin covers in a cut and material like stock now though. See http://www.customseatcovers.com/about.htm. JCW has more details on styles than the company site.

------------
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:51:54 -0500
From: "Dan Strohl" <DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

JC Whitney, right. And I'll order a foxtail at the same time.

No, I'm looking to replace the original seat covers, which have gotten
kinda ratty. Don't see any repros on the market, so I'm going to have to
find somebody who has or will be parting out a Spirit AMX with black
cloth interior. Or else pay an upholstery shop to stitch up
replacements.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"