Re: [Amc-list] Fw: fan pulley/74 hornet

Umm, wrong approach. Tell him that unless it's seized, the A/C clutch
freewheels and uses ZERO energy. There's no need to do anything except
fix fanbelts when they break.

ALso, there are a zillion AC pulley depths (the stamped one on the water
pump) so he'd need to provide EXACT depth (flat to groove center) to
locate one.

(I admit I have limited sympathy for someone who won't spend 'more than
it's worth' to fix a vintage car, especially AMC. Being too broke, I can
understand, that's different. But "won't"? Buy a Chevy.)