Re: [Amc-list] Need 67 Rebel Wagon Gas tank- interchanges? 3rd Seat setu

Re: [Amc-list] Need 67 Rebel Wagon Gas tank- interchanges? 3rd Seat setups?

I checked Matt -- see the post I made. Apparently AMC didn't change that much, they just took the cover off the spare tire compartment and stuck a padded seat in there, with the back on the different cover. The "hidden" storage compartment on the right (passenger) side was removed and the side cover changed to house the spare. Gas tank was the same on wagons and sedans. All this applies to 67-78 big cars, the older ones may be different. I was surprised to see the floor and gas tank weren't different, there can't be any foot room in the third seat of one of the 67-78 AMC wagons! Only suitable for children, maybe through mid teens if not tall. The rear facing seat should be safer in a typical collision, but if you got rear ended...

------------------
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:44:46 -0500
From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>

If you currently have two rows of seats, you'll likely need more than
just the seat itself. At least the floor pan will be different but there
could be other differences as well. Also, wagons with 3 rows of seats
typically have a unique gas tank. If you're really wanting to do this,
you should invest in a parts book (or the CD version) so you can see
what AMC changed.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"