[Amc-list] The dog ate my

This did not happen to me but it sounds like it could have.  Ever drop something and not be able to find it anywhere?

>From the Piper Cub mailing list today:

Well i was putting my c-85 back togather,after instaling new rings and
piston. as i was checking the hyd lifter unit to make sure they were
all down and in place. i found one that the little plunger was not in
the hyd unit it just did not go in the bore. so i pulled it out and was
going to put it back in when i droped it. it had to fall stright down ,
no problem. well i looked and looked and did not find it.i thought it
is possable that it jumped into the intake spider as i had not put on
the intake tubs yet. so i got my magnet on a flexable shaft and went
fishing. now the magnet fell off the end of the shaft and stuck to the
steel parts in the carb.so now i pull off the carb and fish out the mag.
(no lifter part in carb.) I have a 13 week old german shepheard and i
remember him being under the engine when i droped the part.he has a
habit of picking up every little thing that he finds. well now i am
watching his poop and hope i find my part soon.well i hope you all get
a chuckel out of my bad day story. i will let ya know if everything
comes out ok .
Bill

Again, not me, but it sounds like it could be.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA