[Amc-list] 195.6 buildup ideas...

So here's part 2...

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is useful, but you can put a
195.6ohv's exhaust manifold upside down. Makes the flange stick sort of
straight out. Why is this useful? Well if you wanna stick a turbo
charger on it, it puts it in a neat spot! The 3-bolt flange is like 8"
away from the carb hole, though lower. Ayup, this is gonna work out nicely.

No room sideways or down, but on this car, you can go Up. The hood is
over a foot away! And by moving the genny/alt to the other side of the
motor, and tossing that worthless oil filter setup, there's plenty of
room to loop the exhaust back down.

Gonna drill the partial-flow oil pump for full flow filter.

I think studs ARE the way to go here. Yes, i will make popping the head
off a PITA. Two end studs/nuts will interfere with the valve cover. I
think the trick is to make a removal tool -- a plate with tubular risers
that bolts to the rocker tapped holes and pulls against the studs to
lift, and two studs taller than the rest for starting. THe head is a lot
of iron, but it's lighter than a 232/258 head since it's so short (still
damn heavy).

If I have time, I wanna strip the "new motor" block down and see if the
crank is any good. It's a manual trans crank. My '58 block is only .040"
over and has brand new pistons. Should be enough to make a real motor.

Oh how I want a turbo 195.6ohv... only 4lbs of boost gives another 50
ft/lbs and another 50hp, pooping out at 4000rpm (anyone who drives one
knows 4000 is plenty revvy!). In a 2700 lb car that will be plenty quick
and shouldn't break any parts.