Re: [Amc-list] tire size question

 > The Classic DID get a wider wheel though. The early American got 6"
tires, the Classic got 7".
 >  64-65 Americans got 6" tires also, 66 went up a bit to 6.5". I
took the liberty to round a couple
 > figures that I looked up in the TSMs. No figures on the rim width,
but the tire width is indicative.

The '69 TSM lists both wheel and tire sizes...
Wheels range from 4.5" to 5.5" in width (depending on application),
Tires ranged from 7.35 (185) to 8.25 (210)

I'd make sure I knew the rim widths before I bought tires, putting a
205 on a 4.5 rim is asking
for trouble....

Cheers,   Dave