Re: [Amc-list] tire size question

I've got 205/70-R14's on my 1970 Hornet on factory steel wheels (which I
had trued and powdercoated). They are 5" at most, they are probably
4.5". They are VERY NARROW. No rubbing and fit perfectly. Three years
now. Ride's great and looks great. I'd worked this out to be the equiv.
of AMC's 1970 "heavy duty" tire size as spec'd on the wrinkled sheet in
the glove box and TSM.