Re: [Amc-list] Water line in six cyl. intake (was: Engine for sale)

Re: [Amc-list] Water line in six cyl. intake (was: Engine for sale)

" From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have an original 1966 American with the 199 six and the water heated
" intake manifold.  I think 1966 was the first year for smog rules
" affecting the cars in CA.  My car has air pump system.  I thought the
" water heated manifold might have been used to reduce the choke "on"
" time and improve fuel vaporization for smog reasons. Maybe AMC thought
" they needed that to get a smog certification, but I really don't know
" what the testing rules were back then.  The 232 from 1966 would have
" been had with either the Holley single barrel or the Carter 2-bbl but
" I don't know if either or both cars had the heated manifold.
"
" Joe Fulton
"
"