Re: [Amc-list] Water line in six cyl. intake (was: Engine for sale)

Frank Swygert wrote:
> all the Holley 1909 1V carb 195.6 engines got the water line. The
> Carter WCD 2V carb didn't have it, and I don't think the other 1V
> carbs had it either. Don't know about the 199/232 for sure, but I'm
> pretty sure none of them have a water heated intake, not when the
> intake and exhaust are bolted together anyway. Could be wrong...

I wonder what the reason/logic is? It's new-at-introduction, so there
were two manifolds out in the market on nearly identical motors (199 vs.
232). Perceived market-use? Was some big fleet (telephone companies,
etc) demanding some sort of cold-weather thing with the 199, so AMC just
did it across the board? Or is it some sort of left-hand-lugnut silliness?