Re: [Amc-list] The "Machine" intake is a cast iron

Re: [Amc-list] The "Machine" intake is a cast iron

>  The "Machine" intake is a cast iron
 > copy of the Edelbrock R4B.
> From Performance American Style circa 1972.

>This isn't correct, the Machine intake does not have the same dimensions as
the R4B.  The R4B is taller, and the Machine air cleaner >assy won't fit, it
will hit the hood.  As a result the Machine intake is better below 5500 rpm,
while the R4B will pull stronger out to 6500.

>The general consensus has been that the Edelbrock Performer is a copy of
the Machine intake...

The "Machine" intake IS cast iron and IS different than the R4B. At one time
I had both side by side. The Machine intake IS better than the stock intake,
slightly taller with slightly bigger runners. But not as tall as the R4B nor
are the runners as big.
I used the Machine intake on my Javelin when I was running "stock" class. No
one ever caught it.

But HEY,,, that's just me,,
Bruce Hevner