Re: [Amc-list] Concord is home

A: The output shaft from the 9XX series should all interchange but you do have to take the trans apart to go from 2 to 4wd or vice versa (I've done it several times) The 727 output shaft is slightly larger diameter, but the tail cone for the 4x4s is the same.

From: Wayne E Lamothe
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Concord is home
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

All I know is that I tried this on a 998 going from a Concord to an Eagle
and it did not work.  I asked my tranny guy (who still has original kits
for the tranny in 66 Ambo) and he said the main shaft had to be changed
so don't even think about it.  I trust him without question.  I will hate
it when he retires.

Wayne