Re: [Amc-list] Stupid question of the day

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The very early stainless shades actually required two or three little holes be drilled and tiny little screws up into the door frames!
>    They were a beyotch to do. I remember being a kid watching my dad install those buggers and cursing because he had broken yet another 1/16" drill bit.  I learned all my best phrases there watching that.

My 62 ambo had them, and it had little tiny screws.

I too have broken many tiny and not so tiny drill bits drilling holes in
window frames. Yeah, purists will cringe, but I add peep mirrors to most
of my cars and shave off the factory door mirrors. The window frame is a
complex extrusion, so when the bit pops through one layer it hits the
next at a bad angle and torques the bit. PITA!