[Amc-list] PRI Learnings--forgot one (360 pistons)

[Amc-list] PRI Learnings--forgot one (360 pistons)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention,,,
I talked with a rep from Keith Black Pistons about the possibility of having
360 Hypereutectic pistons made.
 He said to his knowledge there were no plans to make ANY new AMC offerings.
He said corporate has reigned in most all new items partially due to the
fact it takes $20,000+ to develop a new mold, and then there's that
"economy" thing.
 Before they can begin any kind of development they have to look at the
market and see if it looks like sales would support the investment. He said
he doubted the level was there for AMC stuff.
I'll "gouge em" again next year but I doubt it will help. Historically I
have found large companies are NOT responsive to the "end user" part of the
market. Strange,, you would think direct feedback from the CUSTOMERS would
be valuable information. But historically (at least for me) ,,, they just
don't give a rip,,,

Oh yeah I let him know how UNHAPPY we (users) were with the abortion they
call their 390/401 piston made from chevy stock.

But HEY ,,,,, That's just ME (at the PRI show) !!!
Bruce Hevner