[Amc-list] Another new guy

Hi everyone, My name is Eric Krauss? I live in the Joliet area , (outside of Chicago) and have been receiving the List since the middle of Oct. but have been too busy to write . Now the holidays are over I should have more time.. My first car was a hand me down from my parents a 62 Rambler Classic 2-dr. My parents bought it in 75 and I finally sold it in 86. It was a good runner. but I was young. over the years my brother and I have been in the street rod scene, I have 2? pro -street Anglias (Engilsh Fords) and he has a 33 and a 36 ford. Now those have been done for a few years and I?decided to build one more, I picked up a 69 American 2-dr sedan? in August off e-bay and surprisingly the seller offered to drive it up here on his way to Chicago, for the price I paid I was surprised it ran. So I figured I was going to start on it in the spring of 2009. That way I could figure out what I wanted to do to it..? I wanted a big engine that was #1 . I picked up a 72 Ambassador in oct
 .?for $800.00 and got a 401 and a 727,plus all the front disc brake parts.. I have been researching and found out about the v-8 cross member form a Gremlin that would fit right in . but around here those cars pretty much don't exist anymore especially with the price of scrap the last year. I found two at the Cordova national meet this fall but they were a bit too pricey for me, I see on the American parts depot web-site they offer a rebuilt one, again too much$ , so I decided to just weld up new ones myself.? In the mean time I kept searching for other parts sources and then came across Bulltear.com? they have? V-8 conversion kit mounts. so the next step for me will be to get the engine and trans into it.?Since I am kinda new to the Amc stuff I have some questions you guys might know.

????? 1.The 727 trans I got is a Chrysler product, so is the bell housing bolt pattern for Chrysler and AMC the same ?
???? 2. Will any Chrysler trans fit on the 401 engine ?
???? 3. I have been looking for AMC engine build books, I have found a few on craigslist, does any one know of some? ?

Also I'll be pulling out the original 199 out of my car along with the Automatic trans, drive shaft and rear end. If you know of anyone interested in them . Please let them know . I'd post a few pictures of the car , but I'm not sure if you can do that.. Thanks for reading .... Eric