---------
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:48:15 -0500 (EST)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" I wouldn't mess with the block at all, just cast a new cross-flow
" cylinder head! I wonder how close the Aussie slant six hemi head
" is to the 4.0L bore spacing, bore, and head bolt pattern? Now if
" that could be modified to fit you'd just about have what you want!

not close at all, i think.  the slant is a small small-bore [3.4"]
long stroke engine, but the aussie hemi is a large small-bore long
stroke

the 194/230/250/292 inline also has 4.4"
centers, so the ohc derivative does too.

it's very unlikely that the amc 6 shares spacing and pattern with any
other engine.  i would've hoped it had something in common with the
amc v8...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"