Re: [Amc-list] You Can't use a Full Flow Pump on a Partial Flow Block

Frank Swygert wrote:
> Don't give up so easy! Get a piece of 16-18 gauge sheet metal (20
> might do) and make a plate for the back to bolt between the pump and
> block. The drive gear should still mesh fine with the cam gear --
> should be no more than 1/16" difference with the gasket. Another
> option is to block the port -- maybe a small welch plug?

It's a feetch (feature). It's a drilled hole and a milled groove. Joe
will pipe up I'm sure, but I think the pump outlet moved. There's an
inch or so of port exposed, but tucked up close to the block.

I am certain I would have done the same thing Joe did. It otherwise fits
and aligns fine. It's worthy of a photo series, if Joe doesn't do one I
will later. My camera is kaput at the moment.