Re: [Amc-list] Big three bailout

I've been asked by a couple people to end this thread. I'm not going to
ban it just yet, as it's at least remotely related to AMC (as far as a
US auto company going under, but AMC did it because they could no longer
afford to fully compete, not incompetent, out of touch management,
though there were definitely some management errors -- always will be!).
It definitely reminds us of AMC's plight, and one way or another will
determine the future of the US auto industry. I've found *most* of the
comments at least interesting.

What I AM going to ask is that ALL replies be CIVIL and CONSTRUCTIVE. If
we can't keep constructive comments and informed opinions on the subject
that don't just point fingers and "flame" other members, I'll just have
to ban the topic. Fair enough?

As to why I'm not going ahead and banning it... I try to stay "hands
off" and let most off-topic posts run their course. Only after I get
complaints or something off-topic has gone on for long will I say
anything. This on is off in left field, but not totally unrelated to the
old car hobby. All US built cars might be collector items shortly... (I
know it's not that bad -- typed that tongue-in-cheek!!)

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"