Re: [Amc-list] Rebel Station Wagon upgrades- Brakes, 4.0, Auto O/D

Re: [Amc-list] Rebel Station Wagon upgrades- Brakes, 4.0, Auto O/D

Agree completely.
it's all in the gearing though and the wagon should have 3:54ish stiff in it correct? I don't know for sure though.
I do know we had a 73 Ambo shop car at Tewells in the 80's
258, auto, 3:54 and it would cruise evert lessly up to about 70mph!
 You had a little lag getting there, but for normal everyday use it was fine.
I'd expect the Renix 4.0l with that intake to pull the wagon quite nicely indeed.
I would make sure it had at least 3:31 in the rear though. 3:54 would probably do better as you'd have OD too.
According to Frank the AW4 has less torque converter multiplication so stick slightly steepr on the rear gear.
  For a city car, a 3:73 with a little extra tire may do quite nice indeed!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)