[Amc-list] fuel pickup filter?

Greetings, all:

I was on the list back in the day, but have been away for quite a few
years.  Getting to work on a car, so it's time to check back in with
y'all.

Question:  Does anyone have a contemporary part number for the filter
pressed onto the pickup tube in the gas tank of a '63 Ambo?  I pulled
the pickup/float/pot assembly out yesterday, and was really amazed by
the rusty-looking varnish/sludge/whatever built up on it and clogging
the tube.  It cleaned up pretty nicely with (electronic) flux stripper,
but the filter was a casualty.

Thanks much.

Jonathan Levine
Calgary-ish