Re: [Amc-list] Fightin' the Oil Pump

Yeah, but nostalgia lets you do things like think it's easy to win a war.

AMC content, pulled the cover off of the differential and drained the black smelly 90 wt or so oil.  The gears look fine so I'm not anticipating any rear end problems.  I'll check the rear axle seals in a couple of weeks when I check the brakes.  For you restoration purists, the cover appears to have been unpainted and the rear axle was left in red lead type primer.  There was a tag on the differential reading 15/41 which indicates a 2.73:1 axle ratio.  The codes on the axle were "DB".

Joe Fulton