Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Ken Ames wrote:

> I've though about but haven't yet done having 2 coils on one distributor.
> As long as the wires are the same length one could splice the 2 coil output
> wires into one for the distributor. Don't know the speed of electricity in the
> wires but at the-speed-of-light 1 foot is about 1 billionth of a second.
> Volts won't be any higher but joules should double (?).

What happens is, when the "points" (sic) open, the magnetic field built
up in the coil collapses, and the voltage out starts to rise... if
there's no plug, ir rises to 20,000+ volts. If there's spark plug, the
voltage increases to the point of arcover, then the energy dissipates in
the spark in the gap and doesn't go above a few thousand volts.

If there's two plugs in parallel on the same coil... Random or not so
random variations means that one of them will arcover first, then the
voltage will drop as the arc eats the energy... and the other plug will
not fire.