Re: [Amc-list] 304/360 in 63 440

I can find you some pics of a small block Chevy in one, but I have NEVER heard of an AMC V-8 being put into one. I simply don't think it's been done. The SBC installations should be of some help though. E-mail me if interested. I might even be persuaded to dig out my 1950s issue of "Speed Mechanics" that has a Corvette engine (283 back then!) stuck in a 54 Nash Rambler (which is the same as the 63 under the hood on the sides, firewall is different though the heater still mounts in the middle -- it's the same as a 58-60 American, firewall changed with 61 re-skin).

----------
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:40:29 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

does anyone have any idea where there are some pics of an amc v8 put into one of the old 61-63 americans? some measuring, and looking and all, has got me REAL interested in trying to squeeze one in. i will probably have to cut out the humps on the inner fenders for exhaust clearance. but it just might fit.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"