Re: [Amc-list] Talk about orphan motors...

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Blown flatheads have been around for years.
> The compression is so low anyway.
> anything is noticeable on these engines.
> So a few pounds of boost would come in handy!
>
> Building a car around a $10 gasket would be a little silly.
> Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Oh I was kidding of course... but it WOULD be a fun project, if I had
such a car in the first place. Talk about a cheap project! Rings and
bearings arent, since they're scarce, and machine work is machine work,
but otherwise it would be a fun and novel project.

The L-head 195.6 is totally ordinary, except for the wacko "intake", so
you could probably use all the rules of thumb from all the blown
flatheads out there, boost and all that.