Re: [Amc-list] Super Long Intake Duration Cam ???

d stohler wrote:

> hey tom, wouldnt that be like "quick bleed lifters?"

> as for the solenoid controling the lifters, you would need one for
> each lifter.

Yup, and software. Probably not enough gain to be worth all the hassle.

> cool thought tho. how exactly does that variable valve timing work in
> them dam ricer hondas. them punks talk all about them and think they
> are just all that. vtec or what ever they call them.

Pick the best low-end cam. Then pick the best high-end cam. YOu get
both, and all possible cams in between those two.  Combine with near
100% combustion efficiency, and attention to quality such that you can
buy 15 year old, 150K mile cars and run them another 100K miles before
big repairs are needed.

I dont prefer japanese cars, but the technology is pretty great.