Re: [Amc-list] Weber 32/36 DGEV Issue

I've had trouble with those carbs when they didn't have the offroad needle and seat kit. Severe angles would throw the float level off and cause it to choke out. Also had cam walk on AMC 6 cyls cause trouble.

From: Todd Tomason
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Weber 32/36 DGEV Issue
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

Tom,

You  misread my second email.  8-)  It's doing the same thing today, with the
regulator removed.  It's a Mr. Gasket regulator, by the way.

I've been fiddling with it all morning and getting nowhere.  The only other
things I had changed were to clean the air filter and adjust the idle
mixture.  I checked the idle mixture again, and I might have had it a tad
rich, but I wouldn't expect that to cause this problem.

The regulator may just be coincidence.  Could this be a clutch issue?
Everything seems normal on flat ground or moderate hills.  No slippage or
chatter.  On a long hill (I think it's close to half a mile long) the problem
shows up about two-thirds of the way up the hill.  At that point I'm in third
gear doing about 35.  The problem occurs more often on steeper hills.

I have a couple of oil leaks that I haven't been able to track down.  Could
this be oil dripping out of the rear main seal onto the clutch?

Todd