[Amc-list] Super Long Intake Duration Cam ???

[Amc-list] Super Long Intake Duration Cam ???

Hey guys,
I’ve been reading through the updated/revised book on the Fish carburetor I am going to be using on the stroker build.  There was an interesting paragraph that briefly discussed how they had some custom camshafts ground, which increased the intake duration ½ way through the compression stroke, basically making an 8:1 engine act like a 16:1.  The torque curve would keep climbing way up past 4,000 RPM and at higher RPMs the engine had almost a ram effect to it (self-supercharging).  On a 350 motor they did this to, the mileage increased from 16 to 23 MPG and the power increase was amazing.  The carb company (somewhat like a co-op) had the cams custom ground by either Crane or Comp Cams, I think … but since they were more like a co-op, they stopped promoting it because they were getting inundated with phone calls asking how to set up their engines for such a cam, instead of being able to focus on producing the Fish carburetors (from 1983-1996).

Has anyone ever heard of such a cam setup?  It sounds REALLY interesting and promising.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12