Re: [Amc-list] Weber 32/36 DGEV Issue

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Yeah, you may have indeed not needed that regulater. To my knowledge
> the thre leg filter acts as a regulater to drop pressure. Someone not
> to long agoe mentioned having difficulties with a newer carb on an
> older engine without the three leg filter and they seemed to be
> saying the pressure was too high for that newer carb?

That was me! Later (79?) fuel pump on my Classic in that short period
before TBI when I had the YF on there. THe 1970 pump was unobtainable, I
stuck on a cheap and available '79 pump and it worked but pressure was
sky high and it flooded all over. I added the late model three legged
fuel filter and that bled off enogu pressure.

The system is a crock. The filter is a sort-of calibrated leak that lets
pumped fuel back to the tank. (It also lets the system depressurize when
car is off, preventing that form of flooding of old carbs that heat soak
and boil gas into the venturi when parked.)

I love carbs; I hate carbs.