[Amc-list] New Exhaust ! super_trapp'd

It's OK Tom, you just haven't finished the job yet..

Here's what you need:

http://tinyurl.com/5fczdc

-or-

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=27

Ran these on BMW 1,000cc flat twin street bikes
with exhaust end just behind your boot heel.

You could hear the wind buffeting as you
chatted with your passenger it was so quiet.

Enjoy your NASCAR Rambler !

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] New exhaust!

Welp I dun it. I bought a Summit turbo muffer, 2" in and out, and had a
good local shop build a new down pipe etc. It's a shorty -- exits in
front of the rear wheel. Nice clean job too! Tucks up high and flat, and
they left the front pipe to muffler collection clamp-only so I can
disassemble for service. Nice!

But it's too loud! That longer pipe over the axle hump would have taken
the sharp braaap off the note. As it is, it's sharp and right under my
left ear.

My own damn fault. It's OK, it's not horrible, and the motor sounds
really good! Goot note, just the volume too high, and a bit sharp due to
the short pipe.

If by spring I'm not used to it, it'll be cheap enough to replace it
from the downpipe back. Nice not having the clunk or leaks!