------------
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 21:55:14 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

d stohler wrote:

>  i can tell  you for
> positivily sure, without a doubt, in 62 (car build date is feb, motor
> is jan) that they have the bulge on the crank.... what am i gonna do
> now??? the hole in the manual flywheel is smaller than the auto
> crank. and also has the bulge.

But the flywheel fits on the crank with a bulge! I personally did it.
Fits. I thought I posted photos somewhere?

In 62, that's the Flush-O-Manic trans (BW), not the old Hydramatic or
whatever required that bulge. Probably another one of those old AMC "off
the top of the pile/we got a load of 'em out back" parts. With manual or
Borg Warner autos there's no need for that bulge or two different
cranks, same as the 232!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"